Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Scooby Cake fit for a 5 year old!

It is so hard to believe my son is 5! So exciting yet a little sad to me!  He wanted a Scooby-Doo party,so a Scooby-Doo party is what he got!

I made up some really cute invites.


Then I planned a big scavenger hunt!  When all the kids arrived, we took the presents and hid them in the back of the van. Then we did things a little different and decided to open presents first! Zoinks! The presents were gone and all that was left was a clue! We had 6 total clues that led us throughout the yard with various games and treats at each "station".  We eventually ended up at the van with my husband in an old lady mask trying to steal the presents! And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

The kids had a blast and got a kick out of all the clues that were left behind!  It was then cake time! And boy did they all love it!



The cake took me 3 hours to make! I took 2 bread pans for the cake. And then piped and spread all the icing on there. luckily, we already had all the figurines to put on the cake!

After all was said and done, I think Dylan had a party he will remember for a long time! Sure it was hot and muggy and I was exhausted but it was all worth it! I would do anything to make a happy, special memory for my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment