Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dill Chicken Salad

When my husband, then boyfriend, and I moved from Florida to Indiana in 2001, I got a job as a cook at our local YWCA.  One of the dishes they would have for lunch was dill chicken salad on croissants.  I fell in love with it and have made it ever since. To me, all other chicken salads do not compare!  I'm sure you can find plenty of recipes for this online in some variation or another, but this is my favorite! 

I just made a huge batch of this for a dinner tomorrow.  10 pounds of chicken makes for a lot of chicken salad!




1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cut into small pieces.
1/2-3/4 cup of sour cream
1/2-3/4 cup of mayonnaise (not the other stuff!)
3 tbs dried dill

Mix all together and serve on a croissant roll or other bread of your choice.



The above measurements are approximate.

You can use as much or as little chicken as you would like. Just make sure you use equal parts of sour cream and mayonnaise.  And I almost never measure the dill!  I just dump it in there!  With this recipe I say..to each there own!  If you want it a little more creamy, add equal parts of mayo and sour cream, if you want it a little dry (I don't know why you would!) you can put in a little less!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment