Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hubby's Favorite Meatloaf


2  lb. ground beef
1 box Savory Herbs Stove Top Stuffing mix
12 oz jar of chunky salsa (I use mild)
3 eggs
2-4 tbs of water
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 pound bacon (optional)




Pre-heat oven to 350.  Beat eggs in large bowl. Add in water, salsa, stuffing mix and hamburger.  Mix with your hand until it all becomes one! Shape meat mixture into 2 loaves and put on roasting pan. you can put it on a cookie sheet but I prefer the grease to drip off the meat.  Wrap each loaf with bacon slices.  Bake for 45 minutes or until middle is no longer pink.  I usually turn the broiler on for a couple of minutes at the end to crisp up the bacon a bit more. We like to serve it with mashed potatoes, baked beans and carrots!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that one sometime and see if my hubby likes it better than my normal recipe(since your recipe is way easier)

    ReplyDelete