Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Beginning...

So, Groupon had a deal the other day for Curves. $40 for 2 months and no enrollment fee.  I thought about it...and thought about it.  Heck, its only 2 months right. If I don't like it, I don't have to continue. If I do, well great! I have saved myself some money!  All sorts of self doubt went through my head. Do I really want to go and look like the fat fool on all these machines?  I just know what is going to be going through everyone's head!  She is WAY to big to be doing this! Well, I knew all that was just my head talking, and if people were really going to think that, screw them!  I'm doing this for myself and no one else!  I bought the Groupon.  And instead of waiting the 2 months I had to redeem it, I went that night, last night.  Signed myself up, got weighed in and measured...which was a super morale booster let me tell ya! The coach walked me thru the circuit and that was that.

Well, I went back tonight. I had every intention of doing my 30 minute, 2 round circuit of all the machines and be done with it.  They offer a Zumba class twice a week at the Curves I joined.  I was going to stay a little longer and check out from afar the Zumba class.  Because there was NO WAY my giant behind was going to be able to make it through another 30 minutes of dancing around like a fool! (Mind you, I have NEVER seen a bit of Zumba so I had no idea!)

Anyway, I did my 30 minutes, on a few machines and towards the end my left leg felt a little shaky.  That knee is horrible and the whole leg is just screwed up thank to being pregnant.  But, I made it! I was so proud of myself! I didn't need to sit and take a break, my heart rate was around 154 ish. I could tell I was getting a good workout. When I was done, the Zumba instructor had arrived and I decided to watch. She encouraged me to join and do what I could do. Hmmm....

Okay! 5 of us got in a circle, the music started and away we went. OH MY WORD! First of all, I am not coordinated AT ALL! My arms, hands and feet do not work well together.  But that's okay! I eventually got the hang of it. Sure, I was not as "bouncy" as the instructor, well, quite frankly because bouncing all this weight on my knees is virtually impossible!  But I did have some pep in my step and a sway in my hips and boy did I dance my rear off for 30 minutes!  it got my heart pumping and I was sweating like crazy but I was still able to kinda chat while dancing so I knew I wasn't in danger of having a heart attack!  And before I knew it, it was done.

I would just like to say how proud of myself I am! I never thought I could do it! And I did it! I cannot wait to go back tomorrow and I really cannot wait to do the Zumba class again on Thursday! (I know I say that now, let's see how I feel tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment