Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

My mom made the best strawberry shortcake when I was younger.  Just delicious!  When I moved out on my own, moved to a new state and got married, my days of homemade shortcakes were over. Or so I thought!  it seems that everyone around here settles for those gross spongy cake things for their strawberry shortcake! Not me! You don't have to settle for those...make your own biscuits!  Using this recipe I posted the other day...Homemade Biss-Qwick you can make an awesome desert!

Strawberry Shortcake

1 quart of strawberries, sliced and crushed
1/4 cup sugar

2 1/3 cups Homemade Biss-Quick
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbs butter, melted

Slice up strawberries and crush them slightly to release the juices.  Mix 1/4 cup sugar with them and set aside.

Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix the Biss-Qwick, milk, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter together to form a soft  dough.  On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spoon 8 mounds of dough.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Split warm shortcakes (I prefer to break them up a little), spoon strawberries over the shortcakes and top with Cool Whip or whip cream of your choosing and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment