Friday, June 17, 2011

Prosciutto and Caramelized Onion Pizza

This has got to be my favorite pizza of all time! when I first saw it on The Pioneer Woman's website, I wasn't too sure about it. But, as most things, I made it on a whim. And boy is my family glad I did! They all love it! My son asks for onion pizza all the time!  you first need a good pizza crust, which you can find here... Bread Machine Pizza Dough


Prosciutto and Caramelized Onion Pizza
(Sorry for the horrible photo, I promise it is awesome!)

1 whole pizza crust (1/2 of above)
olive oil
1 large red onion
1/4 c. brown sugar
Grated Parmesan cheese
10 oz. fresh mozzarella
8 + slices of prosciutto

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in pan, half and thinly slice onions. Put in the hot oil with the brown sugar. Cook until browned. Set aside.

Roll/Stretch/Push your dough into/onto your pizza stone or baking sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle a a little Parmesan cheese over the crust.

Slice mozzarella thin and lay evenly on top of crust (it will all melt together)  Evenly arrange caramelized onions and prosciutto on top of the mozzarella

Bake 15-17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment