Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The BEST Banana Bread Recipe EVER!

In a very old black covered cook book in my mother's house, at the very back, hand written by grandmother, is the world's BEST banana bread recipe. 

I never met my grandmother, my mother's mother.  She passed away the year before I was born. I would have LOVED to have met her. But it just wasn't in my cards.

And now,  you should consider yourself lucky because I'm about to share it with you! Well, you don't have to consider yourself anything...I am going to share it with you anyways! Luck has nothing to do with it! And be prepared. I LOVE to cook, and bake, and decorate cakes and cookies and well, anything you can put in your mouth...I love to create it! So, alas...Here is the first of many recipes I am going to share with you....In the future I will have pictures to go along with the recipes but, to be honest, I ate it before I even thought to take a picture of it! Oops!

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas (best with very well ripe ones)
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Cream shortening, sugar and eggs. Mush the bananas and add them in there. Then mix in vanilla, salt and soda. Add flour until mixed. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 375 F for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment