Saturday, February 12, 2011

I am a failure!

Well, not really but it sorta feels that way!  I have finally found something I am bad at!  And I really dislike doing it as well. 

While at the store the other day I picked up a candy making kit. It looked really cute. A complete kit from Wilton for making Valentine's Day chocolate lollipops and candies. I figures, what the heck, I can do everything else why not give this a try! How cute would that be to give the kids homemade chocolate pops from momma!

Boy was I wrong! A little tedious and time consuming.  Time being something I lack in my life.   The kit came with 2 plastic molds for pops and 1 for candies. After letting my masterpieces harden up I popped them out. HORRIBLE is one way to describe them! Some of the "chocolate" stayed stuck in the molds. The "chocolate" looks all frosty. NOT at all like the pictures on the box.

So there you have it. I cannot make candies! I will probably give it another try another day when I'm not in such a cranky mood. And yes, I will be giving the kids these for Valentine's Day and they wont care what they look like as long as they taste yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment