Monday, February 7, 2011

My Story...

Well, I figured I would start this and see where it goes...

I have 2 beautiful children, D is my 4 year old son. My first born. The second love of my life. I'll get to the first and the third a little later. He took a little bit to get here! I had been with my husband for 5 years, married 1, again, more on that later.  Shortly after we got married we decided we were not waiting anymore. I went to the doc and low and behold, I needed a little help. What a blow! It took me a little bit to come to the realization that I couldn't do this on my own. So, a few pills and some shots and scheduled, you know what, later....NOTHING! How disappointing to go to the doc and voila! It didn't work! All that for nothing.

Okay, we try it again. Same thing. A few pills, some shots and regularly scheduled..ya know...and then the wait. This time I knew. I knew it had to work...so I bought a pregnancy test. Took it to work with me. Waited all of, well, no time...and took the test. Yes, I took a pregnancy test in the bathroom at work. And much to my surprise...POSITIVE...no way I thought. Well, I had back up! Another test. So I took it. Yes, I still had to pee...did that on purpose just in case! Well, POSITIVE again! By now I'm freaking out!. God thing hubby worked in the cubicle next to me!  So, I went back to my desk, called the doctor and told them the outcome. They scheduled me for an ultrasound. That phone call began a whirlwind of a 9 month period!

On July 25th, my son was born. DRB! Beautiful in every way. Someday remind me to tell you how exactly he got here because it was not so lovely and beautiful as he was, and still is!

Okay, lets back up a little as it appears I just went off on a wild tangent...yes, I called the birth of my son a wild tangent...

The 1st love of my live...B...ahhh B...where do I even begin with him. Long story short, well, I guess it really is a short story!  I met B in Florida. I was B's boss. Yes, I have been B's boss from day one! HAHAHA! You see, I did not like B when I met him. I wanted to fire B very badly! Well, silly me!  I don't know how exactly but one day I found myself breaking rules and cavorting with "the help" (don't tell him I called him that!)

Anyways, I found myself on an outing with B and a couple others from the office.  When all was said and done, I was strapped to B and hauled 300 feet in the air only to be dropped. Stupid skycoaster. Stupid me for being petrified. Smart B, for taking me on that stupid thing, knowing he would be the only thing I had to hold on too!

Well, somehow from that day on, we were stuck with each other. Our second "date" involved me doing another very stupid thing. What?? I cannot show my fear and weaknesses! I am strong! I am a woman and can do anything! HAHAHA. I know I know! Well, I was on a giant green horrible roller coaster. Mind you, my first, and what turned out to be my LAST roller coaster ever!

Okay, enough reliving that! 

Well, no one knew our our "friendship". And at that time that's all it really was. Stupid me, again....I told my boss that I was dating an employee. Yes, STUPID move I know. But I didn't want to get caught down the road and lose my job. Well, silly me, the next day, that very same thing happened. Fraternizing with Employees. Yes, that is what I was FIRED for! Whatever!

Fast forward 4 months. Well, rewind 2 months, which really is only fast forwarding 2 months. We moved in together. Spent 2 months living together in Florida before we took the plunge. Well, more like packed up our car and drove to Indiana. For good. To live. Hmmm, what was I thinking!  You see, September 11th happened (moment of silence please).  The new company we both worked for was deeply affected by the horrific events and well, our jobs were in the balance. So, we decided to pack up and find a better opportunity. Yes, after 4 months I packed up everything I owned and moved 850 miles away to Indiana. With a man I barely knew! Silly me!

Well, 4 years later, in 2005,  I married B. And that was that!

And then came D in 2006.

And then came N in 2008.

Ahhhh, N. My little surprise! After all we went thru to bring D in to this world, I knew another wouldn't be any easier. If anything it would be harder.

Boy was I wrong!

I was exploring the options on having another child when I got sick. Really sick. Flu sick. I couldn't eat, or drive much less stand up!

I think we were driving to the grocery one day, me, B and D...and I felt HORRIBLE! Out of no where, B asked me if I was pregnant...HAHAHAHA...I laughed! Not a chance in...well you know where.

Just for the heck of it I bought a test. A double stick one just be sure. Low and behold, both them suckers later. I was on the phone crying my eyes out to my mom. I was pregnant, again. She of course did not believe me and questioned why I was crying like a baby. After much convincing, she believed. Why was I crying you might ask. Well, I was freaked out! I had to plan for D and it was in my head I would plan for this one too. You will learn eventually, I need to plan, everything! And when this joyous occasion, well,  just popped up on me...I was freaking out!

Thankfully the shock only lasted a few minutes. Then, all was right in our world.  And 9 months later, my precious little princess NMB joined our family! Ill tell you about that another day as well. Her arrival was, well, not so great. Just like her brothers!

And there you have it...In a rather long nutshell! I need to learn to shut up don't I? 

So here we are 2011, I'm nearing a milestone birthday in  my life that I don't like to talk about. But, I am married to B, Have D (4) and N (2) and we are one big happy family!

And on that not I have to go because N is crying and screaming that Bubby hit me and D is running in after her yelling, no I didn't, you is lying.....Ahhhh, the joys of being a Yankee Hoosier Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment